Frittata (Italian omelette) with spinach and parmesan
- 15 min
- 1 portion
- 6 ecological or free-range eggs
- a large bunch of spinach
- 100 g of freshly grated parmesan or grana padano cheese
- 100 ml of sweet cream
- a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- salt, pepper
- 1.Wash, dry and chop spinach.
- 2.Put eggs to a bowl, add cream, grated cheese and nutmeg and whisk it all using fork until it is smooth. Add spinach, season to taste with salt and pepper, stir.
- 3.Heat half of the butter on a non-sticking frying pan, pour the egg mixture and fry shaking the frying pan constantly and putting the eggs which are not yet set near the rims of the frying pan. When the omelette base is light brown, put it on a plate or lid, heat the rest of the butter on the frying pan and put the omelette quickly back on the frying pan the brown side up, fry the down side and when it is ready put the omelette on a serving plate.
- 4.Cut it as a cake, serve warm or cold.